Moving a business or office to a new location can be daunting, but with the help of commercial movers, the process can be made much more accessible. However, one of the major concerns when it comes to hiring commercial movers is the cost. In this article, we’ll examine how much commercial movers charge and what factors can affect the cost.
Factors that Affect the Cost of Commercial Movers
Several factors can affect the cost of hiring commercial movers. These factors include:
- Distance: The distance between the old and new locations can significantly impact the cost of the move. Longer distances will require more time, fuel, and labor and will cost more.
- Size of the Business: The size of the business will also impact the cost of the move. Larger businesses will have more furniture, equipment, and supplies to move, requiring more time and labor.
- Time of Year: The time of year can also impact the cost of hiring commercial movers. Moving during peak season, typically from May to September, can be more expensive than moving during the off-season.
- Additional Services: Additional services like packing, unpacking, and storage can also add to the cost of the move.
- The complexity of the Move: The complexity of the move can also impact the cost. Moving to a high-rise building or a location with narrow or difficult access can require more time and specialized equipment, increasing the cost.
Average Cost of Commercial Movers
The cost of commercial movers can vary depending on the factors listed above, as well as other factors such as the level of experience and reputation of the moving company. However, according to HomeAdvisor, the average cost of a commercial move is around $1 to $2 per square foot. This means that for a 10,000-square-foot office, the move cost would be between $10,000 and $20,000.
It’s important to note that this is just an average cost, and the actual cost of your move could be higher or lower depending on the above factors.
How to Find Affordable Commercial Movers
Finding affordable commercial movers can be challenging, but there are several ways to save money on your move.
- Get Multiple Quotes: The first step in finding affordable commercial movers is to get multiple quotes from different companies. This will give you a better idea of the average cost of a commercial move in your area and allow you to compare prices and services.
- Choose the Right Time: As mentioned earlier, the time of year can impact the cost of the move. If possible, schedule your move during the off-season to save money.
- Declutter: Moving is an excellent opportunity to eliminate items that are no longer needed. By decluttering your office before the move, you can reduce the number of items that need to be moved, saving time and money.
- Do Some of the Work Yourself: If you have the time and resources, you can save money on your move by doing some of the work yourself. For example, you can pack and label boxes, disassemble furniture, and prepare the new location for the move.
- Negotiate: Finally, feel free to negotiate with the moving company. Many companies are willing to work with their clients to find a price that works for both parties.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I get an accurate estimate for my commercial move?
To get an accurate estimate for your commercial move, it’s best to contact several moving companies and ask for a detailed quote that includes all the services you need. Be sure to provide as much information as possible, such as the size of your business, the distance between the old and new locations, and any additional services you require.
Is it necessary to hire a commercial moving company?
While it’s possible to move your business on your own or with the help of your employees, hiring a commercial moving company can make the process much easier and less stressful. Commercial movers have the experience and expertise to handle large and complex moves, saving you time and ensuring that your equipment and furniture are transported safely.
How long does a commercial move usually take?
The duration of a commercial move can vary depending on the business size, the distance between the old and new locations, and the complexity of the move. However, most commercial moves take between one and three days to complete.
What should I look for in a commercial moving company?
When choosing a commercial moving company, looking for a company with experience with commercial moves that are licensed and insured and has a good reputation in the industry is essential. You should also ask for references and read online reviews to ensure the company is trustworthy and reliable.
What should I do to prepare for a commercial move?
To prepare for a commercial move, you should create a detailed plan with a timeline, a list of all the items that need to be moved, and a plan for packing and labeling boxes. You should also notify your employees and customers of the move and arrange for any necessary equipment and furniture to be disassembled and prepared for transport.
Are there any additional fees I should know when hiring a commercial moving company?
Some commercial moving companies may charge additional fees for packing, unpacking, disassembling, and reassembling furniture. They may also charge extra for moves during weekends, holidays, or outside of regular business hours. Ask about any additional fees upfront to avoid surprises on your final bill.
In conclusion, the cost of commercial movers can vary depending on several factors. Still, by researching and following the tips above, you can find affordable movers to help make your move as smooth and stress-free as possible.