Your Moving Checklist For Fort Walton Beach, Florida
Moving does not have to be stressful or chaotic. A well-planned move is an exciting and happy experience. This moving checklist will help you get organized and stay on track for a smooth, successful move to Fort Walton Beach, Florida.
Choosing Where To Live In Fort Walton Beach, FL
Here is a list of steps to assist you in determining where to search for your new home in Fort Walton beach.
- Use this Cost of Living Calculator for the Fort Walton Beach, FL area to determine which neighborhoods fit your budget.
- Compare neighborhoods in Fort Walton Beach to find the best fit for you: Ferry Park, Seabreeze, Oakland, Kenwood, Northwest Fort Walton Beach, Elliott’s Point, Beal Parkway, East Miracle Strip, Garniers Beach, South Bayou, Lovejoy, W.E. Combs.
- Here are the Okaloosa County Public Schools along with homeschool, charter school, online school, and local technical college information.
- Select a real estate agent if you want to purchase a home.
- If you want to rent an apartment, condo, or townhome there are plenty of rental communities to choose from in Fort Walton Beach; you are sure to find one that’s a perfect fit for you.
- If you need a short-term place to stay during your move, here are your local hotel and AirBnB options.
Hire Movers And Prepare For Your Move
- Declutter your home, so that you do not waste time and resources moving items that you do not need or want.
- Hire an experienced and reputable moving company to help you move. At Apple Moving: Fort Walton Beach, we can help you with every step of your move:
- Boxes and packing materials
- Organizing and packing services
- Full service moving and truck rental
- Unloading and unpacking services
- Here is a list of Fort Walton Beach self-storage locations if you will need extra storage space.
- Set aside the items that will travel with you.
- Gather (or electronically transfer) important records from doctors, schools, and veterinarians.
After You Move To Fort Walton Beach
- Update your address with the USPS.
- Have your Fort Walton Beach utilities turned on:
- Update your property (owner or renter) insurance for your new home.
- Inform financial institutions (loans, credit cards, ect) of your new address.
- Inform other insurance companies (life, health, auto, etc) of your new address.
- Get your Florida ID and car vehicle license plates at the Fort Walton Beach DMV.
- Register to vote in Okaloosa County.
We have included a PDF version of this checklist for your convenience. To ease the stress of moving, hire Apple Moving to move you to or from Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Let us do the heavy lifting so that you can enjoy all that your new home and neighborhood has to offer!