Your Moving Checklist For Woodbridge, Virginia
Moving does not have to be stressful or chaotic. A well-planned move is an exciting and happy experience. This moving checklist will help you get organized and stay on track for a smooth, successful move to Woodbridge, Virginia.
Choosing Where To Live In Woodbridge, Virgina
Here is a list of steps to assist you in determining where to search for your new home in Woodbridge.
- Use this Cost of Living Calculator for the Woodbridge, VA, area to determine which neighborhoods fit your budget.
- Compare neighborhoods in Woodbridge to find the best fit for you.
- Here are the Prince William County Public Schools which also include an online school.
- Select a real estate agent if you want to purchase a home.
- If you want to rent an apartment, condo, or townhome there are plenty of rental communities to choose from in Woodbridge; you are sure to find one that’s a perfect fit for you.
- If you need a short-term place to stay during your move, here are your local hotel and AirBnB options.
Hire Movers And Prepare For Your Move
- Declutter your home, so that you do not waste time and resources moving items that you do not need or want.
- Hire an experienced and reputable moving company to help you move. At Apple Moving: Woodbridge, VA, we can help you with every step of your move:
- Boxes and packing materials
- Organizing and packing services
- Full service moving and truck rental
- Unloading and unpacking services
- Here is a list of Woodbridge self-storage locations if you will need extra storage space.
- Set aside the items that will travel with you.
- Gather (or electronically transfer) important records from doctors, schools, and veterinarians.
After You Move To Woodbridge
- Update your address with the USPS.
- Have your Woodbridge utilities turned on:
- Power (Dominion or NOVEC)
- Gas (Columbia or Washington)
- Update your property (owner or renter) insurance for your new home.
- Inform financial institutions (loans, credit cards, ect) of your new address.
- Inform other insurance companies (life, health, auto, etc) of your new address.
- Get your Virginia ID and car vehicle license plates at the Woodbridge DMV.
- Register to vote in Prince William county.
To ease the stress of moving, hire Apple Moving to move you to or from Woodbridge, Virginia. Let us do the heavy lifting while you relax and get to know all that your new home and neighborhood has to offer!