Central Catholic High School – San Antonio is a private Catholic institution. The institution, which was founded in 1852, has a long history of academic success and a dedication to producing young men who are excellent scholars and people of character. Students have quick access to the city’s cultural and recreational offerings because of the campus’s ideal location in the center of San Antonio. Central Catholic High School equips its students to become leaders in their communities and have a good impact on the world through a curriculum that heavily emphasizes Catholic values. All students will receive an extraordinary educational experience from the instructors and staff, who work hard to create a welcoming environment fostering personal development.
Academics Program of Central Catholic High School – San Antonio
The demanding academic program at Central Catholic High School equips students with success in college and beyond. A wide variety of courses in topics like English, math, science, social studies, and foreign languages are available at the institution, which the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools accredits. To promote students’ learning and growth in addition to the conventional classroom setting, Central Catholic also provides a variety of programs and services, such as:
- Advanced Placement (AP) Courses: Central Catholic offers a variety of AP courses, allowing students to earn college credit and demonstrate their readiness for college-level work. Some of the AP courses offered at Central Catholic include Biology, Calculus, English Language and Composition, and U.S. History. Continue reading
- Dual Credit Courses: Through partnerships with local colleges and universities, Central Catholic offers students the opportunity to earn college credit during high school. Dual credit courses are available in subjects such as Accounting, Business, Computer Science, and Psychology.
- Academic Support Services: Central Catholic provides a range of academic support services to help students succeed in their coursework. These services include tutoring, study groups, and academic counseling. Check this out
Faith Formation of Central Catholic High School – San Antonio
As a Catholic school, Central Catholic High School places a strong emphasis on faith formation and spiritual development. The school offers a variety of programs and activities designed to help students deepen their faith and grow as leaders in their communities. Some of these programs include:
- Retreats: Central Catholic offers retreats for students at every grade level, providing opportunities for reflection, prayer, and community building.
- Campus Ministry: The Campus Ministry program at Central Catholic offers a variety of opportunities for students to get involved in their faith community, including service projects, liturgical ministries, and spiritual development programs.
- Theology Courses: Central Catholic requires students to take theology courses throughout their four years of high school, providing a strong foundation in Catholic teachings and traditions.
Central Catholic High School in San Antonio, Texas, is known for its commitment to developing leaders who are prepared to make a positive impact in their communities. The school offers a range of programs and activities designed to help students develop their leadership skills and abilities. Here are some of the highlights:
- Student Government: Central Catholic has an active student government, which provides opportunities for students to develop leadership skills and make a positive impact on the school community. Students are elected to various positions, including class officers, student council members, and representatives for various school committees.
- Leadership Retreats: Central Catholic offers leadership retreats for students, providing opportunities for them to develop their skills in teamwork, communication, and decision-making. These retreats are typically held off-campus and include a variety of activities and workshops designed to help students build their leadership abilities.
- Service Projects: Central Catholic encourages students to get involved in service projects and community outreach programs, helping them develop a sense of social responsibility and leadership. Students can participate in a variety of service opportunities, including food drives, community clean-up projects, and volunteering at local non-profit organizations.
- Campus Ministry: The Campus Ministry program at Central Catholic offers a variety of opportunities for students to get involved in their faith community, including service projects, liturgical ministries, and spiritual development programs. Through these activities, students learn about the importance of servant leadership and develop their abilities to lead and serve others.
Features and Facilities
Central Catholic High School offers a range of features and facilities to support student learning and development. Some of the highlights include:
- Athletic Facilities: Central Catholic has a state-of-the-art athletic complex, including a football field, baseball field, tennis courts, and a weight room.
- Fine Arts Facilities: Central Catholic has a dedicated fine arts department, which includes a theater, music rooms, and art studios.
- Technology: Central Catholic High School is committed to integrating technology into the learning process. The school has a one-to-one laptop program, which provides every student with a laptop computer, and classrooms are equipped with interactive whiteboards and other technology tools.
- College Counseling: Central Catholic has a dedicated college counseling office, which provides students with support and guidance as they navigate the college admissions process.
Essential Information About Central Catholic High School – San Antonio
- Location: 1403 N St Mary’s St, San Antonio, TX 78215, United States
- Phone: +12102256794
- Website: www.cchs-satx.org
- Operating Hours:
Monday to Friday – 7:30?AM to 4?PM
Saturday to Sunday – Closed