Garner Middle School is a well-known educational establishment in San Antonio, Texas. The school, located at 4302 Harry Wurzbach Rd, offers a high-quality education to kids from many ethnic backgrounds. The faculty at the school is made up of experienced and well-qualified teachers who work hard to create a healthy learning environment for children. Garner Middle School has a cutting-edge educational infrastructure that includes well-equipped classrooms, libraries, laboratories, and sports facilities. Students are encouraged to develop critical thinking skills, creativity, and leadership abilities at the institution. Garner Middle School has established a reputation as one of the greatest middle schools in San Antonio due to its emphasis on academic performance.
History of Garner Middle School
Garner Middle School, located on Harry Wurzbach Road in San Antonio, Texas, has a long and illustrious history. The school was named after William Garner, a significant business leader in the San Antonio neighborhood when it was first completed in 1956. The school has had various modifications and expansions throughout the years, including building a new gymnasium and library. Garner Middle School now serves nearly 1,200 students in grades 6-8, offering a rigorous academic curriculum as well as a range of extracurricular activities. The school is well-known for its focus on quality and preparing students for success in high school and beyond. Important link
Academics Offer by Garner Middle School
Garner Middle School is committed to providing a high-quality education that prepares students for success in high school and beyond. The school offers a rigorous curriculum that includes core subjects such as math, science, social studies, and language arts, as well as electives in areas such as music, art, physical education, and technology. You can look here
Some of the academic programs and initiatives offered by Garner Middle School include:
- Gifted and Talented Program: The school provides a gifted and talented program for students who demonstrate exceptional intellectual ability and creativity. The program offers advanced coursework, enrichment activities, and opportunities for independent research.
- Dual Language Program: The school offers a dual language program for students who are proficient in English and Spanish. The program promotes bilingualism, biculturalism, and academic excellence.
- Advanced Placement Courses: The school offers several Advanced Placement (AP) courses for high school credit, including AP Language and Composition, AP Spanish Language and Culture, and AP World History.
- Career and Technical Education (CTE) Courses: The school offers a range of CTE courses that provide students with hands-on experience in areas such as computer science, engineering, health science, and culinary arts.
Garner Middle School provides a range of extracurricular activities that allow students to explore their interests and talents outside of the classroom. These activities include:
- Athletics: The school has a comprehensive athletic program that includes sports such as football, basketball, volleyball, soccer, and track and field. The program emphasizes teamwork, sportsmanship, and physical fitness.
- Fine Arts: The school offers a range of fine arts programs, including band, orchestra, choir, theater, and art. These programs provide opportunities for students to develop their creativity and artistic skills.
- Clubs and Organizations: The school has a variety of clubs and organizations, such as the National Junior Honor Society, the Robotics Club, and the Student Council. These clubs provide opportunities for students to develop leadership skills, build friendships, and engage in community service.
Student Support Services
Garner Middle School provides a range of student support services to help students achieve academic success and well-being. These services include:
- Counseling Services: The school has a team of professional counselors who provide academic, career, and personal counseling services to students. They also offer crisis intervention and referral services.
- Special Education Services: The school provides special education services for students with disabilities. These services include individualized education plans, accommodations, and modifications.
- English Language Learner (ELL) Services: The school provides ELL services for students who are learning English as a second language. These services include English language instruction, academic support, and cultural orientation.
- Health Services: The school has a school nurse who provides health services such as first aid, medication administration, and health education.
Parent and Community Involvement
Garner Middle School recognizes the importance of parent and community involvement in the education process. The school provides opportunities for parents and community members to be involved in various ways, such as:
- Parent-Teacher Association (PTA): The school has an active Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) that works to support the school’s mission and goals. The PTA organizes events, fundraisers, and volunteer opportunities for parents and community members to get involved in.
- Volunteer Program: The school has a volunteer program that allows parents and community members to assist with various activities, such as classroom assistance, tutoring, and special events.
- Community Partnerships: The school has partnerships with local businesses and organizations that provide resources and support for the school and its students. These partnerships include mentoring programs, internships, and educational field trips.
Essential Information About Garner Middle School
Location: 4302 Harry Wurzbach Rd, San Antonio, TX 78209, United States
Monday to Friday – 8:25?AM to 3:40?PM
Saturday to Sunday – Closed